Last month the release of the transcript and a video of the interrogation of Nikolas Cruz was ordered by a Florida judge.
- Police release transcript of Nikolas Cruz interrogation.
- The 19-year old was interrogated for 11 hours.
- Most of the 217-page confession is redacted.
- Cruz confessed to a shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School that killed 17 people and wounded 17 people.
- The interrogation was conducted in the hours after the shooting.
- Cruz told Broward County Sheriff’s detective John Curcio that a “demon” voice in his head told him to “Burn. Kill. Destroy.”
- He claimed the voice also told him to buy the AR-15 which was used in the shooting.
- Cruz estimated he spent about $4,000 on firearms and ammunition.
- Cruz had asked the Broward County school district for special counseling assistance months before the shooting, but the requests went unanswered.
- Cruz had a previous run-in with police for “shooting animals.”
- Cruz said he tried to kill himself with Xanax and marijuana, out of “loneliness.”
- Several pages of the transcript have been redacted.
- Cruz’s brother Zachary was brought into the interrogation room but most of that conversation has been redacted.
- Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.
GRAPHIC WARNING: In three cellphone clips, at least one of which appears to have been recorded on the day of the Feb. 14 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Nikolas Cruz outlines his plans. VIDEO